Peplink University Monthly Webinar | The Power of Edge ComputingMay 22, 2023
Peplink University Monthly Webinar | Deep Drive into Outbound PolicyJune 16, 2023
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Peplink SD-WAN
Software-Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) is a revolutionary way to simplify branch office networking and assure optimal application performance by using centrally controlled and managed WAN virtualization. Unlike traditional WANs, SD-WAN delivers increased network agility and cost reduction1.
Peplink is a leading provider of SD-WAN solutions that can help you build resilient, flexible, and secure networks with unbreakable connection reliability, unmatched deployment versatility, and intuitive ease of use. In this blog post, we will explore some of the top reasons to choose Peplink SD-WAN for your enterprise needs.
1. SpeedFusion WAN Virtualization
SpeedFusion is Peplink’s patented technology that enables WAN virtualization. With SpeedFusion, you can create a logical WAN connection that can use multiple underlying connectivity technologies (such as DSL, MPLS, cellular, and fiber) at the same time, but present this connectivity to users and applications as a single direct to Internet or secure site-to-site connection1.
SpeedFusion offers several benefits, such as:
- Real-time services like VoIP and video can be sent via the lowest latency link.
- Intelligent failover and active/active configurations can be used to guarantee reliability even when a WAN link fails.
- WAN bandwidth can be aggregated to increase throughput and performance.
- WAN connectivity can be added or removed as needed to provide scalability and flexibility.
2. InControl Centralized Management and Monitoring
InControl is Peplink’s cloud-based platform that gives you full control over your SD-WAN networks and remote devices using a single interface. With InControl, you can:
- Provision, monitor, and manage branch offices centrally.
- Create and deploy complex VPN configurations connecting thousands of branch offices together securely with a few clicks.
- Monitor WAN health and quality, and receive real-time notifications of network events.
- Generate reports and analytics on network performance, usage, and trends.
- Apply firmware updates and configuration changes remotely and seamlessly.
3. Network Security
Peplink SD-WAN solutions provide network security at multiple levels, such as:
- Encrypted VPN: By using SpeedFusion VPN, branch offices gain secure, local network access to cloud resources. SpeedFusion VPN uses AES 256-bit encryption to protect data in transit.
- Firewall: Peplink routers have built-in firewall features that can block unwanted traffic, filter web content, enforce access policies, and prevent network attacks.
- Drop-in Mode: Peplink routers can be installed without making any changes to your existing network topology or firewall settings. This minimizes the risk of configuration errors or security gaps.
- LAN Bypass: Peplink routers have LAN bypass functionality that can safely and automatically bypass the router in case of power loss or failure. This ensures that your original network connection is resumed without interruption.
4. Traffic Management
Peplink SD-WAN solutions provide traffic management capabilities that can optimize application performance and user experience, such as:
- Outbound Policy: Peplink routers have outbound policy features that can intelligently route traffic based on various criteria, such as source IP, destination IP, protocol, port number, domain name, application type, etc. You can also configure outbound policies within a SpeedFusion tunnel for granular control over traffic flow1.
- Bandwidth Control: Peplink routers have bandwidth control features that can limit or prioritize bandwidth usage based on user groups, applications, or IP addresses. You can also set daily or monthly quotas for data consumption.
- Quality of Service (QoS): Peplink routers have QoS features that can assign different priority levels to different types of traffic based on latency sensitivity or business importance. You can also use QoS within a SpeedFusion tunnel for fine-tuning traffic prioritization1.
5. Deployment Versatility
Peplink SD-WAN solutions offer deployment versatility that can accommodate any scenario or requirement, such as:
- Device Diversity: Peplink has a wide range of devices that can suit different needs and budgets. You can choose from routers with various port types (Ethernet, USB, SIM), form factors (desktop, rackmount), power options (AC/DC/PoE), cellular bands (4G/5G), WiFi standards (WiFi 5/WiFi 6/WiFi 6E), etc.
- Connectivity Options: Peplink supports multiple connectivity options for WAN diversity and redundancy. You can use any combination of wired (DSL/Cable/Fiber/MPLS) or wireless (Cellular/Satellite/WiFi) connections for your WAN links. You can also use USB modems or Android tethering for backup connectivity1.
- FusionHub Virtual Appliance: FusionHub is Peplink’s virtual SpeedFusion appliance that can run on any virtual machine platform (such as VMware ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V). FusionHub allows you to extend SpeedFusion VPN to cloud environments (such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure) or data centers without requiring physical devices1.
Peplink SD-WAN solutions are designed to help you take control of your WAN and achieve unbreakable Internet connectivity with centralized cloud management. Peplink offers a comprehensive portfolio of products and technologies that can address any enterprise challenge or opportunity. Whether you need to connect branch offices securely, optimize application performance, reduce network costs, or enhance network resilience, Peplink has the right solution for you.
If you are interested in learning more about Peplink SD-WAN solutions or want to request a free trial or demo, please contact us today. We would love to hear from you and help you find the best solution for your needs.