Webinar | The Virtual WAN Activation LicenseDecember 16, 2022
Peplink University Webinar | Get In Touch with InTouchFebruary 20, 2023
Firmware 8.3.0 is finally here to provide you with the best Peplink experience. From highly anticipated new features to refinements, this update is the best to date. Period.
Improved connectivity experience for 5G & Starlink
- SpeedFusion Connect Protect (previously SpeedFusion Connect) now comes with unlimited* usage. Experience the convenience of SpeedFusion just with a valid CarePlan, without ever feeling lost and out of contact. >Learn More<2
*Fair Usage Policy Applies after SFCP allowance has been exceeded.
- Dynamic Weighted Bonding was already groundbreaking, but it’s now even better. Experience this default traffic distribution policy, just intelligently enhanced to provide faster speeds in detecting bad links and packet loss.
- Dual Antenna Mode is now an option for selected 5G devices. This highly requested feature enables you to overcome limitations in your setup, whilst preserving the Peplink experience.
- Choose your preferred carrier, set signal strength thresholds, monitor your band channel widths, and even SIM card priorities, with this intelligent firmware upgrade.
More flexibility of WAN options
- Synergy Mode: Synergize multiple Peplink devices and maintain the ability to control them natively under one intuitive UI. >Learn More<7
- Virtual WAN: Lacking WAN inputs? The latest update offers default Virtual WAN support for applicable devices so you can create a virtual WAN on a particular VLAN and continue to enjoy SpeedFusion. >Learn More<8
- MAX Adapter: The MAX Adapter can now be configured as a cellular WAN, allowing you to fine-tune your configurations!
Now supporting USB to Serial adapters, InTouch further provides unmatchable OOBM access to all remote devices behind your Peplink router – IP devices, remote desktops, remote protocols for servers, and more.
 [OpenVPN WAN] - Added Site-to-Site VPN Mode
Site-to-site VPN connects two or more networks together using a single OpenVPN tunnel. The tunnel travels over the Internet with its contents securely encrypted. This allows devices in one network to communicate with devices in another network, accessing shared resources as if they were part of the same network. A company can use site-to-site VPN mode to connect its corporate network with its remote offices, enabling them to communicate and share resources as a single network.
 [Outbound Policy] - Outbound policy now supports [Client Type] as the source
The client type list has been redesigned. Larger icons have been added to different client types for easier identification
Each client is categorized into its own network device type.
Paring with the newly introduced [Client Type] outbound policy, it allows users to define how the source's LAN-to-Internet traffic gets routed out as the client type, as compared to entering the client devices' IP one by one. This makes it more convenient for people who have a large number of devices.
With the newly introduced [Client Type] outbound policy, users can define how their network traffic gets routed by client type. For example, you can create an outbound policy for all your connected tablet devices in one go. Previously, users needed to enter each of their client devices' IPs one by one. This makes it more convenient for people who have a large number of devices.
 [QoS] Added: Application Queue - Bandwidth Control for Application
Bandwidth control is no longer limited to user groups or individual users. A specific upload /download cap can be set for your applications.
SpeedFusion Relay: Remotely connect to your home network as if you were there and securely access your IoT devices behind it. (Datasheet8 | Product Shots7) BR1 Mini Core: Designed with strict security compliance in mind, we’ve tailor-made the device to exclude Wi-Fi & GPS functionality, making it great for networks that require a highly secure connection. Fully optimized for telemetry. (Datasheet7 | Product Shots1)
To keep everything consistent within the Peplink ecosystem, some products/services have been renamed. Don’t worry, the products/services will remain the same! Home Sharing >> Relay Mode PepVPN >> SpeedFusion VPN
This release also includes other features and improvements
GPIO Changes on BR1 Mini Series With firmware 8.3.0, the BR1 Mini series will include GPIO as a built-in feature, which will be enabled by default. Users will no longer need to purchase the feature pack to enable this feature. -Related models: BR1 Mini (HW3), BR1 Mini Core
- Wi-Fi WAN is now included with PrimeCare
- Improved router throughput - 1Gbps